Functions of Trademark
- To identify goods or services of one seller and distinguish them from goods or services sold by others.
- To signify that all goods or services bearing the trademark come from a single source.
- As a prime instrument in advertising and selling the goods or services.
- Renting by way of licensing or franchising.
- Protecting the public against confusion and deception by identifying the source of origin of particular products as distinguished from other similar products.
- Protecting the trade mark owner’s trade and business as well as the goodwill which is attached with the trademark.
- Acts as an advertising tool. The advertisement of products or services may not be possible without trademarks.
- It is a basic one for marketing and a pillar support for the enterprise.